Saturday, May 9, 2009

GOD!

The bed side clock reads 05:30 am. For the past thirty minutes I had stared at the woman who lay beside me. She lay on her back, her face turned to me. The swell of her breast moved with the rhythm oh her breathing. Her delicate face was framed by long silky hair. She had the loveliest eyes, a cute button nose and full African lips. She was truly beautiful.

She turned and snuggled close to me as I brushed aside a stray strand of hair. I leaned forward and stroked her warm cheek and kissed her forehead. I eased out of bed; I did not want to wake her.
The night was still, a slight breeze stirred. I walked across the room to the balcony, the thick carpeting caressing my naked feet. I was filled with gratitude; the woman who lay sleeping in my bed was a gift from God.

The curtains stirred and parted, blown by a stray breath of nature. I parted the curtains and stared at the starlit sky. My lips moved in silent prayer to a God so great, so strong.

I don’t know how long I stood there but my reverie was broken as first rays of the dawn pierced the sky and streamed into our bedroom filling it with light. The light slowly crept across the floor casting its warm glow through out the room. In that instant I knew God was near.

As I whispered my amen I felt the warmth of her arms as she wrapped her hands around my waist. I smiled, turned and embraced my queen, my wife and my love.