Monday, December 12, 2011

Living Free in a World of Dreams


I have always loved to believe that we can live an extra ordinary life in a dreary and mundane world. Squeezing a colourful existence from the greyness of our worlds and the little gilded cages we now call success.

But every day feels like a battle. Every day feels like some new foe has arisen and like the master at the top of the fight chain your life becomes one insane battle after another insane battle and just when you think you have subdued yet another challenge another one pops up and before the wounds can heal or the stitches set you are back in the centre of the ring. Sometimes I feel my stiches have stiches and my scars have scars.

I am uniquely built for this purpose. Like a fighting man I am raised to do this. I am not sure how this was but in way I developed into a fighter. Not just one who loves fighting but a fighter. Before I was timid and shy but full of energy that expressed itself in an innate curiosity. I spend my days by myself imaging worlds upon world that even the architects in the movie ‘inception’ would be proud.

Maze upon maze, labyrinth upon labyrinth, worlds where I thrived and excelled and well won. I never really gave up on something except when I found it boring. I was always the one finding a solution to that tech problem at home. I knew how to tune and work all electronic and electric gadgets in the house and where the perfect spot was to place to aerial to gain the best reception.

Time to sleep. Wake up and here is to another day of being miserable and not knowing how to get out of it.

Other random thoughts….

Death is not always pleasurable.

I have cried for help and no one has answered

And just when I am feeling down God brings another person for me to help…or at least be there for. It’s kind of a weird story actually.

Honesty is a mad hornet with a steel tipped sting.

Its (honesty) is the best policy but has high premiums.