Saturday, December 24, 2011

Home Alone on Christmas.

This is much harder than i expected but not totally unwelcome. Spending Christmas alone and indoors. Well technically i wont be doing either of that but i wont be spending it with family either and after calling my mom to wish her a Merry Christmas, well it sorta made me miss the whole big family fuss this day used to be.

But, i guess i shall be spending it with friends and hey there is never a good excuse to pass up some nice food especially if you are a bachelor like me.

Just one more random point, i do not know about most people but Christmas is just not as big a deal for me, this year at least, as new years is. I find myself a little obsessed with the coming of the new year and all my Christmas messages have more effort and good wished fixed into the new year portion of the greeting. i dont know, maybe it because this year was particularism tough and emotional or maybe it is the great excitement and joy or sense of expectation i feel when i think of 2012.

Well at least according to the movie that is when the world goes belly up but i know that it signals for me a new beginning. A chance to reorient oneself, re-plug into God and start afresh. Like new plant shoots after the devastation of a fire.

I look forward to this year and the things it brings. So even as you celebrate Christmas don't forget that soon after that comes a totally new year. The old has gone and the new has come and behold God does a new thing, do you see it, do you perceive it. It is the Lords doing and its marvellous in our sight.

Hosanna Hosanna in the Highest.

Merry Christmas and here is to a true totally NEW year.