Saturday, January 14, 2012

When All The Potholes are Gone.


(Warning.This is a really boring post.Unlike most of my posts which may be witty and funny and what not this is absolutely non of those. its sort of serious and totally tries to make a point. If you ask me it tries to hard. But anyways. Enjoy)

I do not even know how it happened but I found myself sitting across an elderly gentleman discussing politics and the current government in this country.

He said the he believed in giving credit where it is due and while he may not agree with some of the policies or lack thereof the current government he did not agree with an opposition that acted and spoke like the government had done nothing.

Placing my own political views and bias aside I agree. I believe that everyman should receive due and fair recognition for his work and such.

I believe all that even for those that we have little regard, we must pause and applaude them when they do something noteworthy.

I don’t think the past successes should be a constant way point for us when weaknesses and failures are pointed out. Instead they should be encouragement and proof that we can indeed do better.

My thoughts then wondered to my children. What shall their world be like? What shall they complain about and what shall they point out? What shall they be left with after all the potholes are gone?

And I realised to that with great success comes great expectation and for those that have gone before we should not castigate those that come after for being ungrateful for they have no understanding of your ‘past’ tribulations and can complain about only what they perceive as theirs even if in stark contrast to yours its frivolous and petty.

I wonder, truly, what shall be the subject of complaint when all the potholes are gone.

(P.S see what i mean when i say boring. Yeah and you noticed the trying to hard bit right...its like so totally lame yeah..)

Random Thoughts

Did you know that P.S. stands for POST SCRIPT.

but what the heck does P P S stand for

If you ask me it some mental disorder for writers and whatnots.