Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Found Obama in a Bookshop


While browsing the stalls of a very famous bookstore and I found Obama hiding out in one of the isles reading a book upside down.

I sauntered to him and said wassup. He was startled and he looked at me like he had just seen a monkey or something…ok granted my hair might have been dishevelled and not having lunch did not help my looks either but I tell you my mother gave birth to a fine handsome fella.
Anyways back to Obama. I said to him, “man what are you doing here, don’t you have other poor African nations to ignore etc etc”

He replied “well I just needed to chill, well not like chill chill cause it like cold in Washington but like chill. You know?”

And I nodded my head and said, “No”

“Ok well. I really needed to get away from things and carrying this flags of my fathers is really heavy. So I just thought I shall come and chill with you guys from down these ends.” He rumbled on.

Looking at him quizzically and with my mouth twisted to one side I said slowly and thoughtfully…“okaaayyyy”
Well I the point of all that digression was, I was actually walking through Aristoc (a popular bookshop in Kampala) today and was totally inspired and a little demoralised by all the titles I read and saw. Made me realise how much I really have not tapped my own potential and how I need to focus my energies (totally not in a middle eastern religion kind of way) on doing what was good and right.

So I have added all the other cool stuff I have wanted to do. Like why the heck is Christian stuff so expensive? I am opening one as soon as I figure out how.

Then there is the coffee shop where all my friends and their enemies, ok some of mine as well, can come have some really cool stuff to eat while listening to great music and such other cools stuff. That too shall be sorted out as soon as I figure out how.

Then of course there are other ‘nyongeza’s’ that I have neither the time nor the memory skills to find out otherwise.

Other Random Thoughts

Cakes are so expensive but soo cool in a fattening kind of way

Who writes all these books? Who said we were interested anyways.

I am so going to build a container house…I have got it all down.

Dont look to Obama as your shining light and hope. He aint Gat it. GOd does and He made you with a little of Him on the inside. Find Him, Find It and shine.