Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Flags of our fathers: Silence of the lambs.

The internet is filled with many blogs full of emotional gash written by people screaming for attention and willing to do anything to get it including wanton revelations of everything and anything personal.

This is not that kind of blog though it is filled with screams of attention of a kind. This is another reason why I write…and I hope why you continue to read.

I write because there is too much pain and darkness where emotional wounds fester and cankerous sores multiply.

I write because I must find healing. Perhaps this is the famed mid mid-life crisis, I don’t know. But one thing is for sure my ghostly sirens have been released from their dungeon, stirred up by the father’s hands. I must banish them at once or risk my future and the future of my sons and daughters.

And so I write. I write because I must be heard. I write because my existence should be more than just a scream, it must be a life well lived. A life of peace, serenity and completeness.

I do not write to stir controversy, at least not all the time nor do I write to engross myself in the vagaries of my own darkness. No, I do not write to create a rallying call for like-minded demons-of-the-past infested individuals seeking consolation in self-pity.

No, indeed I write because it is my light, my door, my path to a new tomorrow, to redemption.
I do not, through my pen, undress myself to stand naked before the world to satisfy its lust for voyeurism but because I must unclothe myself of filth to be able to arraign myself in the light of my father.


I write because the silence of this lamb is no more.