Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Form and Function


Form is followed by Punctuation…

I mean seriously form is followed by punctuation mostly exclamation marks. Where did this all come from? Well the other day, while walking the streets of this fine, fine city kampala, I see this lady across the street and I stop.

She starts to cross the street. I stop. She is of average height and slight build. Her FORM is not too much and not too little but what gets me is her legs. She was not wearing one of those contrivances now days called skirts but a beautiful floral dress stopping just below her knees. It was the perfect frame to the work of art that stuck out from below.

Boy let me tell you, there was some serious punctuation of exclamation about that form. These fine works of are tapered off to perfect feet clad is great heels. I had to look up. As a whole, the aesthetic was not at all unpleasant to the eye and it was welcome.

It took me a while to realise that I was supposed to cross the street and so shaking my head to dispel the visual, i cleared my throat and cross.

The rest of the day I pondered form. Why? Well this woman captured my attention just like that (insert fingers snapping here). I can tell you that there was nothing evil or lustful about my admiration. Here I was following some ancient written code about a man and a maiden.

And I laughed and mused with God, asking him about all this and you know what, that was the sole intention. Beauty, form was following the function of attraction and possible courtship and marriage and then children and so on and so on.

It is essential to the continuity of this planet. But ours goes beyond just animal instinct. So he gives us guidelines on how all this works out and follows. Through his guidance and instruction he creates a musical beyond our wildest dreams, a dance that takes us to great heights and places we could have only dreamed, he writes a symphony of the ages, one that captures and enchants. His form follows the function of love and attraction.

Random

in case you are having trouble rocking those jeans